Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Parkin' on the lawn

Yesterday, after returning home from grocery shopping, I pulled my car onto the lawn, much to my wife's chagrin.

Be responsible: park your car on your lawn.
Brittany was terribly embarrassed. I told her what I was doing was both responsible and efficient. I was watering the grass and washing the car at the same time. She didn't care. She hid inside.

Jack wasn't too embarrassed to be seen with me.
This is what the City of Tacoma says about car washing:
Wash your car on your lawn or on gravel. Grass and gravel filter the dirt and soap out of the water and keep dirty runoff out of storm drains, which empty directly into streams, lakes and Commencement Bay. Don’t worry, the soap won’t hurt your lawn, but it will hurt the fish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment