Friday, January 8, 2010

Fitter, happier, more productive

This has been a very productive week for me. I've written and published two articles in the past two days. One is about an upcoming show this Saturday at the Showbox where DBS, a delta-blues/punk band Kevin's cousin plays in, will be performing. The other article is about 10th and Commerce's new EP and upcoming shows.

I discovered TriggerStreet the other day, and I have already become a contributing member. TriggerStreet is a website started in 2002 (yeah, it took me a while to stumble upon it) by Kevin Spacey and producer Dana Brunetti as an interactive mechanism to discover and showcase emerging filmmaking and writing talent. Fingers crossed.

As I am only marginally employed and have thus far not been able to successfully prostitute my own intellectual property, I have been doing a lot of digging for job prospects both on and off line. I have been writing up all sorts of proposals and letters and sending them out to various companies and organizations, hoping to find some sort of meaningful work. I am getting a lot more aggressive in my approach. I am more optimistic than ever that something good is about to happen to me career-wise. I'm hardly even nervous about interviews these days. Weird.

2010 is going to be my year. I have decided that in order to keep myself productive, and on some sort of track, collaboration is a necessity. Lately, I've been discussing all sorts of creative endeavors with friends old and new. It has actually helped me get back in touch with certain people I didn't even realize I had so much in common with. I've been talking to all sorts of people about job leads as well, and I feel like my prospects are becoming much brighter.

I just created a new avatar specifically for TriggerStreet. I think it's cool. Feel free to let me know if I am mistaken about this, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment