Monday, March 15, 2010

Lured into the web

Early one morning in Bellingham about three years ago, I was standing on the sidewalk outside the Horseshoe Cafe when a black SUV pulled up to the curb. I had no idea at the time, but I had just witnessed The Black Widow. The Western Front recently posted an article about her. Or him, I suppose.

My encounter with the The Black Widow was pretty inspiring, I have to admit. Inspiring enough so for me to incorporate the event as a detail in the short story, The Empire of the Owl, which has received mediocre reviews on Trigger Street.

No one worry, though. I was not lured into the web. I did watch a crazy man get into her car, though. But I think that was for some sort of business transaction that did not involve penises.

No comments:

Post a Comment