Wednesday, May 29, 2013

When a ghost becomes a vampire

Lately I've been looking for ideas for a short story I’m working on. The story involves a ghost, or some sort of entity, and it will be based at least in part on something I myself experienced 10 or 12 years ago.

So I've been searching for stories related to the paranormal, but I keep ending up distracted by "news" stories.

Last night I stumbled upon an article about a guy in Tasmania who set up a camera in his kitchen hoping to record paranormal activity, but instead he ended up documenting his girlfriend of 11 years having sex with his 16 year old son.

Ghost Hunting Dad Sets Up Video Camera, Films His Girlfriend Having Sex With His Underage Son

What I really want to find is an interesting narrative. I'm most interested in different ways these types of stories are told. I'm interested in style, not content. If you have any short story suggestions for me, I'd love to hear them.

Earlier today I found a link to the first 2 chapters of a book written by a 9th grade girl on Reddit: In 9th grade I wanted to be a writer. Here's an excerpt for those of you too busy or lazy to click the link:
I finished my chores silently, and hurried up to my room. Good, I finished at a nice time. 9:33. Perfectly dark, which leaves my tiny room even darker, more isolated. Just the way I like it. 
I slipped into my black pajamas and bounced onto my bed for the night. Finally. I was so tired, I guess Prince Edmund was the blame for that. Ha. 
I quickly fell into a deep sleep, while tears rolled down my face. Again. Read more.
Check out the cover art:

When a Ghost Becomes a Vampire

The first 2 chapters left me with more questions than answers. What does happen when a ghost becomes a vampire? I really feel like I need to know the answer to this question now.

No comments:

Post a Comment